Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raypak Heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Raypak Heater

Hello Everyone,
    I hope someone can help me. I have a Raypak heater, sorry I don't have the model number with me at this time.
    My problem is when my previous pool guy installed this heater 2 years ago, the propane regulator was installed upside down.
    The vent was on the top and water has gotten in, run through and has collected in the propane tube. A new regulator has
    been installed, when we went to start it, the heater clicked about a dozen times, finally started and a huge fireball shot out.
    It continued to run after the firing. Can anyone give me a clue on what to do?
    Thank you, Dave

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Raypak Heater

Call your propane supplier (suppliers usually have there own install techs) to come out and check it. They, or the company that originally installed the regulator should be the repair station for this. Does it "fireball" each time you start the heater? If so, stop, and don't run again until you have it looked at professionally. Any advice you receive that is not on your property physically, should not be used (other than to not run the heater).
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Clown View Post
    Call your propane supplier (suppliers usually have there own install techs) to come out and check it. They, or the company that originally installed the regulator should be the repair station for this. Does it "fireball" each time you start the heater? If so, stop, and don't run again until you have it looked at professionally. Any advice you receive that is not on your property physically, should not be used (other than to not run the heater).
    Hi Pool Clown,
    Thank you for responding, yes it happens each time I start it up. I am going to contact my propane company now.
    Dave

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The huge fireball was due to the heater not initially lighting and thus the propane pooled up inside the unit and probably caused this when the pilot lit.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,