Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC testing, 0.x vs 0.0x vs trace

1. Back To Top    #1

CC testing, 0.x vs 0.0x vs trace

New to this and loving the site. So I test for FC, then do the CC test. ALWAYS turns the slightest shade of pink and one drop returns it to clear.

So by the instructions, that is 0.5

1) is it really? I always say "trace" as I doubt it is 0.5

2) is it worth diluting to be more accurate?

FC levels are always steady and no issues.
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: CC testing, 0.x vs 0.0x vs trace

Not worth diluting to get more granular, I only test for cc if i think there might be some say after a pool party / high bather load. If you are diligently using a cover you may get a little and I mean less than .5 but nothing to be concerned about. Save your reagents and only test for it if you think there is a reason like an unusual quick amount of FC loss.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CC testing, 0.x vs 0.0x vs trace

Thank you!
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.