Turbocell GSX-15 issues

Feb 6, 2013
Jupiter, Florida
Hayward Turbocell on a Hayward Aqualogic PS8. Reading shows salt at 2700ppm and "low". Pool store and test strips show 4000ppm. I cleaned the cell this morning. Same readings after running squeaky clean for an hour. When I go into Diagnostics menu I get +25.0v, 7.37a with 3700ppm. I assume the 3700ppm is the average reading over time. Also, my chlorine output is fine. Turbocell is about 4-5 years old. Info I find says that my Aqualogic has no salt calibration function so can't do that. My questions:

1. Why would average reading be so high but current reading so low? It has never read real high so don't know where the "average" reading in the Diagnostic menu is getting its info.
2. Are the readings of +25.0v and 7.37a normal? If not what do they tell me?
3. Any hints on fixing this or am I simply destined to give my Turbocell a nice burial and pop for a new one? Is my situation what occurs when a Turbocell begins to fail or has failed?

Any comments appreciated!

EDIT - just found a chart of the volt/amp readings and they appear to be within the operating range.

Thanks Dave, appreciate the comment. I think I left out an important piece of the problem. I recently replaced my circuit board due to a failing clock, installed it myself. Thinking back this was about the same time the readings started showing too low. I don't remember the installation instructions saying anything about resetting the salt reading, calibration, etc. However, this morning I went in to the average salt reading and pushed "+" to see what saving the reading would do. It saved the reading, 3700ppm, which then started showing on the Default display which previously read 2700ppm. It rained pretty good today and when I got home the reading on the Default display had dropped to 3600ppm. Maybe the incomplete install was my problem? Will monitor it with test strip/pool store salt readings over the next week and see but I have the feeling that the problem was User Error. Maybe I should say Installer Error.

The 3,700 is the Instant salt. The new board needs to be reset for the average salt to match the instant salt as you have done.

Everything should be fine now.

Note that your amps are getting a bit high. If they hit 8 amps, the system will shut down. Try to allow the salt level to come down a bit. If your water gets much warmer with the current salt level, you’re likely to hit 8 amps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.