New pool, green water, SLAMing, FC rose overnight

We did it once after 2 hours and had already seen a tiny bit of improvement (what came out wasn't worth the effort). Next day we had to go to work, so we checked it in the afternoon, which had been about 24 hours total. when we opened the bucket, it wasn't too bad looking, but once we started rinsing, it was really gross. I tried to upload pics, but got an error (and I'm at work) so hopefully this photobucket link works.

http://s616.photobucket.com/user/leer34/library/Pool

THANK YOU!!!!

That's a substantial improvement. There's obviously still some metals in the water judging from the tint vs. the liner above water picture.
I'm working on a homemade aeration iron filtration unit that can be used on fill water as well as side stream filtration to prevent folks from using metal sequestrants.

Check back to Chem201 to see my finished product with design details and budget friendly plans

I look forward to it.

We left the bucket on for another 48 hours and the water is crystal clear. A little sediment that we are vacuuming up, and getting caught in the skimmer sock and
filter. If it never got better than this, I would still be thrilled.

It's gorgeous! Now we just have to keep it that way.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I look forward to it.

We left the bucket on for another 48 hours and the water is crystal clear. A little sediment that we are vacuuming up, and getting caught in the skimmer sock and
filter. If it never got better than this, I would still be thrilled.

It's gorgeous! Now we just have to keep it that way.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Just remember if your pH goes high from a heavy rain you may see metals adhere to the pool especially steps and the water line of the liner
reduce pH to 7.2with MA and monitor the staining

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.