Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to figure out dropper bottles ( 2 parter)

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to figure out dropper bottles ( 2 parter)

Part one... So, I got my second set of DPD tests... IE, powder and the bottle to change the water to clear.

Here is my issue... first bottle, i felt like over the last 2 weeks the drops got bigger... and the new one... they are smaller, and sometimes squirt out in multiples... so i don't really know my solution to this... the old one i get FC 8. the new i get FC 11 or 12. even with the extra squirts.

Second part... why is it dpd tablets always show lower FC numbers than the powder? I have some left over... and i notice it is always around 2 lower than the powder... i let them fully dissolve...

Thanks...

Maybe there is no solution to part one...
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Trying to figure out dropper bottles ( 2 parter)

1. Did you recently order a TF test kit or reorder? They had an issue with bottle tips TFTestkits has a big to report

2. I'm not sure what dpd tablets are, sorr.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Trying to figure out dropper bottles ( 2 parter)

just got a new one yesterday in the mail... so... there is my answer... or so i thought... ugh... it has the same tip. must be the hole in the top then...
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir