Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

1. Back To Top    #1

Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

Ok, so first of all I've been reading this forum for the past two days non-stop. We recently signed our contracts for a Pool here in Frisco, TX after thinking about it for the past year or so. I wish we'd have done it in the winter, but can't change that now.

We are limited somewhat to a smaller lot so the pool is going to be roughly 34' x 17' for a large portion and 31' x 14' for the another area. We decided to do a spa as well as sundeck and Firepit. Not sure if we're allowed to say who our builder is, but so far we've been very happy. It came down to two companies and really both were great.

Hopefully we dig next week, that's what they are telling us. We're hopeful it's done by Labor Day, but who knows. LOL

We still aren't sure on Pebble Sheen yet, leaning either Blue Surf or Aqua Blue. Pool goes from 3'6" to 5"6", Sun Deck is 6" I think. Can't remember.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build

More photos, we already have Flagstone on our back patio and the back of the yard against the fence is landscaped, although this year I've been just letting it go and not taking care of it like we normally do because I know much of it is getting removed.

Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking great
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

You can create a photo bucket account, then copy and paste the IMG code into your text. Looks like a great design. Love how the fire pit is next to the pool. Hee hee! (Just like mine).
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

your design is not a whole lot different to this one in CA...
    Hoping to get a pool in the next few months!!

my own plan (someday soon i hope) is similar too, we plan on adding a fire pit to the seating area side of the spa:

6. Back To Top    #6

That is very similar!

Anyone have any ideas based on equipment if we should change anything? I tried to list all in signature
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

7. Back To Top    #7

I would probably skip the screen logic and just use the remote control and upgrade the main pump to a VS pump. The design looks good, you might also want to make that sunshelf a little larger, but then it cuts into the pool some. Depends on how you plan to use your pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1005 View Post
    I would probably skip the screen logic and just use the remote control and upgrade the main pump to a VS pump. The design looks good, you might also want to make that sunshelf a little larger, but then it cuts into the pool some. Depends on how you plan to use your pool.
    thank you for the ideas!

I'm going to verify which pump it exactly is, looking at my items it says: Pump Intelliflo 3.0HP with Whisperflo Booster. What I don't know is which Intelliflo it is as most I list it as a variable speed.

Sunshelf dimensions are 17' x 4'2" with 3 bubblers and 2 umbrella sleeves.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1005 View Post

Tommy1005,

so my Builder told me it's the Intelliflo Variable Speed pump, 3HP, 011018

Is this the one you suggest or another?
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

10. Back To Top    #10

That's the one they put on mine. I haven't gotten to use it yet, but like the idea of being able to program it.

Our PB talked us out of the app based system because if your internet goes down you can't control the pool.

11. Back To Top    #11

The Intelliflo is top notch. As a pool/fireplace/spa owner, I'm going to suggest you increase your deck space around the fireplace, especially in N.Dallas, as people are going to want to sit there quite a bit. I would consider eliminating the first bubbler and extending the deck in line with the spa overflow.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

12. Back To Top    #12

I just sold my house a Preston and Panther Creek last year. I miss Frisco.

Pool looks like it will be great!
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    PentAir WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, PentAir CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, PentAir SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

13. Back To Top    #13

Very frustrated today. I was under the impression we would start our dig next week. Today, they tell me July 12th is earliest. is it just me or is that a long way out? this is a very reputable company in north Dallas and pretty large. We got permits approved May 25th. Just seems very far out. Maybe they are just very busy.

Ok, venting complete!
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
    Very frustrated today. I was under the impression we would start our dig next week. Today, they tell me July 12th is earliest. is it just me or is that a long way out? this is a very reputable company in north Dallas and pretty large. We got permits approved May 25th. Just seems very far out. Maybe they are just very busy.

Ok, venting complete!
    I think it's pretty standard when you're dealing with larger builders. We signed our contract on 2/28 and our dig wasn't until 4/12. The good thing is, once started, they seem to make pretty good progress (weather permitting).

just from browsing the forum, it seems you can do it much quicker if you're willing to GC the build yourself, but who has time to do that?
    In-ground gunite geometric 34'x16'-6", 13,800 gallons. 7'x7' spa. Cobalt blue pebble interior finish. Equipment: Haywood 2.7hp EcoStar variable speed pump, Hayward 600 sf cartridge with Microban filter, Hayward 3/4 hp Booster pump, Hayward universal H series 400,000 FTU heater, Pentair Rainbow 320 inline Sanitation, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend, Color Logic 4.0 LED and Hayward OmniLogic P/S 6 wireless automation.

15. Back To Top    #15

That timing is probably pretty normal with any builer that is busy. . This is there really busy season and rain adds extra complications fof scheduling..
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

16. Back To Top    #16

your design is SUPER close to ours. we're tiling now, hoping to have final inspection next week, interior finish and start up by the end of the week. will create a thread with pics to share

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by kbean View Post
    your design is SUPER close to ours. we're tiling now, hoping to have final inspection next week, interior finish and start up by the end of the week. will create a thread with pics to share
    that would be great, thank you.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

18. Back To Top    #18

They built our pool many moons ago; word around here is that the delays are par for the course now. Plan for swimming in 2017.
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with in-ground spa, Hayward equipment, Ecostar pump. Getting ready to remodel it: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...l-in-Dallas-TX

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Kpag View Post
    They built our pool many moons ago; word around here is that the delays are par for the course now. Plan for swimming in 2017.

Robertson in particular or just in general?
    Are you happy with their work?
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Kpag View Post
    Interesting statement.... I'll let you know if it's true or not. I dig Tuesday in Little Elm. If I was a gambling man, id bet I'm swimming before August 30th, lean towards August 15th.

If I even got a whiff that my pool was going to take until the cooler months of the season from signing in May, I would have looked somewhere else. August, September, and mid October are warm months still.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast