Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

bdrex28

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2016
Frisco, TX
Ok, so first of all I've been reading this forum for the past two days non-stop. We recently signed our contracts for a Pool here in Frisco, TX after thinking about it for the past year or so. I wish we'd have done it in the winter, but can't change that now.

We are limited somewhat to a smaller lot so the pool is going to be roughly 34' x 17' for a large portion and 31' x 14' for the another area. We decided to do a spa as well as sundeck and Firepit. Not sure if we're allowed to say who our builder is, but so far we've been very happy. It came down to two companies and really both were great.

Hopefully we dig next week, that's what they are telling us. We're hopeful it's done by Labor Day, but who knows. LOL

We still aren't sure on Pebble Sheen yet, leaning either Blue Surf or Aqua Blue. Pool goes from 3'6" to 5"6", Sun Deck is 6" I think. Can't remember.

Attachments

• PS_Autosave01_005.jpg
    PS_Autosave01_005.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Drexel v3_015 (2).jpg
    Drexel v3_015 (2).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,154
Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build

More photos, we already have Flagstone on our back patio and the back of the yard against the fence is landscaped, although this year I've been just letting it go and not taking care of it like we normally do because I know much of it is getting removed.

You can create a photo bucket account, then copy and paste the IMG code into your text. Looks like a great design. Love how the fire pit is next to the pool. Hee hee! (Just like mine).

your design is not a whole lot different to this one in CA...
Hoping to get a pool in the next few months!!

my own plan (someday soon i hope) is similar too, we plan on adding a fire pit to the seating area side of the spa:

22pm9.jpg

2h5ivm0.jpg

I would probably skip the screen logic and just use the remote control and upgrade the main pump to a VS pump. The design looks good, you might also want to make that sunshelf a little larger, but then it cuts into the pool some. Depends on how you plan to use your pool.

I would probably skip the screen logic and just use the remote control and upgrade the main pump to a VS pump. The design looks good, you might also want to make that sunshelf a little larger, but then it cuts into the pool some. Depends on how you plan to use your pool.

thank you for the ideas!

I'm going to verify which pump it exactly is, looking at my items it says: Pump Intelliflo 3.0HP with Whisperflo Booster. What I don't know is which Intelliflo it is as most I list it as a variable speed.

Sunshelf dimensions are 17' x 4'2" with 3 bubblers and 2 umbrella sleeves.

Tommy1005,

so my Builder told me it's the Intelliflo Variable Speed pump, 3HP, 011018

Is this the one you suggest or another?

That's the one they put on mine. I haven't gotten to use it yet, but like the idea of being able to program it.

Our PB talked us out of the app based system because if your internet goes down you can't control the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The Intelliflo is top notch. As a pool/fireplace/spa owner, I'm going to suggest you increase your deck space around the fireplace, especially in N.Dallas, as people are going to want to sit there quite a bit. I would consider eliminating the first bubbler and extending the deck in line with the spa overflow.

Very frustrated today. I was under the impression we would start our dig next week. Today, they tell me July 12th is earliest. is it just me or is that a long way out? this is a very reputable company in north Dallas and pretty large. We got permits approved May 25th. Just seems very far out. Maybe they are just very busy.

Ok, venting complete!

Very frustrated today. I was under the impression we would start our dig next week. Today, they tell me July 12th is earliest. is it just me or is that a long way out? this is a very reputable company in north Dallas and pretty large. We got permits approved May 25th. Just seems very far out. Maybe they are just very busy.

Ok, venting complete!

I think it's pretty standard when you're dealing with larger builders. We signed our contract on 2/28 and our dig wasn't until 4/12. The good thing is, once started, they seem to make pretty good progress (weather permitting).

just from browsing the forum, it seems you can do it much quicker if you're willing to GC the build yourself, but who has time to do that?

They built our pool many moons ago; word around here is that the delays are par for the course now. Plan for swimming in 2017.

Interesting statement.... I'll let you know if it's true or not. I dig Tuesday in Little Elm. If I was a gambling man, id bet I'm swimming before August 30th, lean towards August 15th.

If I even got a whiff that my pool was going to take until the cooler months of the season from signing in May, I would have looked somewhere else. August, September, and mid October are warm months still.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.