Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build Updated decking 10/9/16

Looks great. I know how you feel about just wanting the project to end. Looks like you are getting pretty close. Do you have a plaster date yet?

No plaster day yet, they are supposed to finish the last little bit of tile today (they didn't order enough of the edge tiles). thankfully, I was able to get Lightstreams to send some to me expedited. I needed 24 pieces of the 90 degree bend and they only had 30 in stock. I got lucky. typically those are 100% custom made, they just happened to have some in stock.

Today they are finishing the tile (all 15' of it that's left) and the back beam and scuppers. Then it's clean up and plaster.

I'll say I'm so tired of looking at it, just want it done.

No plaster day yet, they are supposed to finish the last little bit of tile today (they didn't order enough of the edge tiles). thankfully, I was able to get Lightstreams to send some to me expedited. I needed 24 pieces of the 90 degree bend and they only had 30 in stock. I got lucky. typically those are 100% custom made, they just happened to have some in stock.

Today they are finishing the tile (all 15' of it that's left) and the back beam and scuppers. Then it's clean up and plaster.

I'll say I'm so tired of looking at it, just want it done.

Looks AWESOME. Is that Noce travertine? Coming to the finish line.

Looks like as of today, you are at 84 days from dig, which when all said and done shouldn't be TOO outside of the normal talk they usually say 3 months from dig. MY PB scheduled the plaster when they finished the decking, it was maybe 7-10 days after that when Plaster happened. I believe you mentioned Plaster is something they do not do themselves, but they subcontract?

Also, good choice on going with that tri-jet seat, I bet you that will be awesome. We went with 6 jets because PB said if we went to 8, it would lose too much pressure. Each jet can push me off my seat they are that strong. I guess you can say therapeutic.

How has everyone been OK with that pile of trash in the pool? I know that's pretty typical but I can't say I've seen anything that bad.

That's not your job to police that but that sure is a testament your contractors work ethic.

How has everyone been OK with that pile of trash in the pool? I know that's pretty typical but I can't say I've seen anything that bad.

That's not your job to police that but that sure is a testament your contractors work ethic.

I absolutely hate it and I've continually complained. We have cleanup scheduled Thursday but I agree it's lazy and looks terrible, not to mention it creates more work for them.

So glad to get it out.

Your raised wall in the back, is there a reason you used block instead of gunite? I am going with a 8 ft 18" raised wall with a water feature. The front will be glass tile, just wondering what would work the best in making sure the tiles don't crack. Going with a modern look with the tile even with the waterline tiles.

Your raised wall in the back, is there a reason you used block instead of gunite? I am going with a 8 ft 18" raised wall with a water feature. The front will be glass tile, just wondering what would work the best in making sure the tiles don't crack. Going with a modern look with the tile even with the waterline tiles.

they actually built the first portion with Gunite then are building the middle 18" up with block. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe easier down the road if they need to work on the scuppers? Good question, I just don't know the answer LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build ready for plaster 10/17/2016

Plaster is scheduled for this Thursday. But here's where we're at now. We're getting our fence stained tomorrow so ignore the very new appearance as they power washed today.

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build updated 10/17/2016 READY FOR PLASTER!

Great news neighbor! Thank you so much for sharing your project. We have made changes to our upcoming build based on your experiences. Looking forward to your next update. :swim:

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build updated 10/17/2016 READY FOR PLASTER!

Looks awesome! Almost there, plaster, then acid wash, then fill.

The fun doesn't stop there... Testing and balancing is a journey as well.

By the way, you made great decision going SWCG, I literally have to do NO maintenance on my pool. My water looks crystal clear and never have to introduce new liquid chlorine. I do have to dump Muractic acid every once and a while.

Two weeks after Plaster is when I got the green light to heat up the pool.

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build 10/24/16 Pool Filled awaiting start up

Son and nephew decided to jump in just as it was finished filling. Crazy as it was freezing. they lasted about 5 minutes.

It's a bit green, but start up is tomorrow. I need to order my test kit. Will do tonight.

Yeah the green will go away in a short while as the equipment starts and you get the water balanced.

Did the PB provide any kind of test kit? That might hold you until your good one gets there but hurry as I am willing to bet it is missing a couple of needed tests.

:crazy: kids but they HAD to try it!

Kim:kim:

Son and nephew decided to jump in just as it was finished filling. Crazy as it was freezing. they lasted about 5 minutes.

Beautiful pool! Love the contrasting blue tile with the lighter stonework.

My kids went for a 20 minute swim Sunday evening. The water was 69 degrees. That's too hard core for me! I'm going to fire up the heater for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks this year since it will be our first year with a pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.