Pool lights stopped working. Can anyone identify these pictures? Corroding?

ttown

Jun 24, 2014
Houston, TX
Hi guys.

Our hot tub lights slowly stopped working after a while. After turning them on, they flickered and turned off until eventually they only sometimes power on.

I can't figure out what model they are to look up documentation. I have a few questions.

• Can anyone identify these lights? They're 120V and color from what I know.
  • Were these improperly installed? Any advice after we purchase new lights on how
    to prevent it from happening again?
  • I can't figure out how these are powered. I found these extremely hard metal wires around the tub. Are these powering the lights?
ZHpqAXT.jpg

Zqjj4fB.jpg

pdTUoN2.jpg

Thank you!

Holy, you are amazing! I've asked around town and online for a while and no one could figure it out. That leads me down the right path now.

I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow. (Currently waiting for it to fill back up after a total drain CYA fix)

Zodiac has purchased Savi nicheless lights within the last year or so. I would look into replacing with those, as my understanding is that they are doing away with the model that you have. I also say this because just about every one of these we have installed has been replaced under warranty for the exact reason. Great concept to get rid of fiber optics, poor execution.

Also need to clarify that these are 12V lights, so don't beat your head against the wall trying to find a 120V version.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.