HELP.. Need Advice

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
My hot tube drained down to pool level over the last 10 days while the pump was off. Pump on during the night, was good, off, back drained into pool. Now my hot tub plaster had bubbled during the 110 degree heat during the day with no water in it. Mostly the steps have issue.

Do I need to replaster the hot tub ??

I hope this makes sense...
Right now I'm running a small pump from the pool to jacuzzi to keep it full during pump filter down time. :(

I think this might be costly. I know one of the valve flappers might have failed

Thanks

Spell check is broken lol

Why have you not had a pump running for 10 days?

Spa drains when either the check valve or 3-way valves leak.

Sounds like the plaster has delaminated and will need to be replaced.

No, I had the pump on for 5 hours at night as normal but didn't know that hot tub was draining back during the day because I was not home to notice it.

Ok, I'll plan on getting bids to replaster then. Valves will be fixed by the weekend

Thanks

I took the 8 screws off one of my 4 check valves just to see the condition of the flapper and gasket, I imagine after 10 years they should all be replaced. Anyways that's my project this weekend, hopefully that will fix the back flow from hot tub to pool. I do have 3 Jandy 2444 actuators and hope that those aren't the issues after all said and done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.