Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP.. Need Advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy HELP.. Need Advice

My hot tube drained down to pool level over the last 10 days while the pump was off. Pump on during the night, was good, off, back drained into pool. Now my hot tub plaster had bubbled during the 110 degree heat during the day with no water in it. Mostly the steps have issue.

Do I need to replaster the hot tub ??

I hope this makes sense...
    Right now I'm running a small pump from the pool to jacuzzi to keep it full during pump filter down time.

I think this might be costly. I know one of the valve flappers might have failed

Thanks

Spell check is broken lol
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP.. Need Advice

Why have you not had a pump running for 10 days?

Spa drains when either the check valve or 3-way valves leak.

Sounds like the plaster has delaminated and will need to be replaced.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

No, I had the pump on for 5 hours at night as normal but didn't know that hot tub was draining back during the day because I was not home to notice it.

Ok, I'll plan on getting bids to replaster then. Valves will be fixed by the weekend

Thanks
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

4. Back To Top    #4

I took the 8 screws off one of my 4 check valves just to see the condition of the flapper and gasket, I imagine after 10 years they should all be replaced. Anyways that's my project this weekend, hopefully that will fix the back flow from hot tub to pool. I do have 3 Jandy 2444 actuators and hope that those aren't the issues after all said and done.