Draining the swamp....

Jun 8, 2016
Chelsea
Hello all. New here with questions. We Inherited an above ground pool with our new home we bought in November. The property sat vacant for 2 years. Through trial and error we have the filtration system working but cannot get this thing clean. In the middle of the pool is an inch or two of sludge. Nasty, foul smelling algae and debris. I can get the water clean but not the sludge pit. I can scoop some out, vacuum to waste but it seriously fouls the water. I've admitted defeat and am ready to quickly drain it, scoop it allout and clean and start anew. I know I'll have to move rapidly and do it on a few sunny days to prevent collapse and liner shrinkage. I feel like I have no choice in this matter though. Any other options? Ideas?

If you drain the pool, the liner may pull away from the walls and start shrinking before you know it, especially if it's been chemically abused. You may have to buy a new liner if that happens. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.