Problem with Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Model SF90110T

Jun 23, 2014
Ottawa
Hi. First-time poster. I set my 9x18 INtex pool up two weeks ago, pump was working fine, it's our second year. Then on Saturday when i was about to head out for the day i turned it on and i could hear it sounded funny, would run for a bit, fade, and run for a bit, but i was in so much of a rush i didn't deal with it.

when i got back it wouldn't run. If i turn it on you can here a subtle electronic sound but nothing happens.

did my pump burn out? what caused that? Is my only option to order a new one?

See photo below. I also wanted to ask if i set up the sandfilter pump and the saltwater pump system properly.

thanks!

Attachments

• pump w saltwater system.pdf
    139.7 KB · Views: 11
If the suction is on the right and the return is on the left then it appears that you have it plumbed correctly.

Unfortunately those pumps aren't very repairable. Can you turn the motor by hand?
How loud of a hum do you hear? It could be a capacitor issue. I'm not sure what the capacitor looks like on those motors.
They don't list any parts for this motor except the complete motor and controls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.