Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long does replastering generally result in higher pH levels?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long does replastering generally result in higher pH levels?

Just wondering....I had the pool replastered summer of 2014, and so I expected it during the remainder of that season and the next, but the continued increase in pH this season actually seems to be worse than last year. That doesn't make any sense to me. Any reason for it? I'm getting tired of adding acid and the season has just started.

Something else that seems a bit weird is that my plasterer told me that if the pool would ever scale it would occur over the first winter following the replastering. Spring of 2015 showed no scale at all, BUT...opening up this season indicates the presence of spotty scale on the walls and bottom. Any sense to this? Possibly anything to do with the monster blizzard we had this past winter and the pool being buried under tons on snow and ice for weeks and weeks?

Thanks,
    Keith
    12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: How long does replastering generally result in higher pH levels?

How much are you using? Ours was done in October of last year, with a TA around 80 I use 8 to 10oz of 30% MA each day
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Stop using the tablets you mention in the other thread which seem to be wanting to raise the pH.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Not a chance...those tablets are what I am choosing to try in place of the discontinued chemical called "Assist".
    12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry, you never made it clear you are trying to use Baq. Good luck I can not help with that.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!