Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Am It Really This Easy? Or Just Luck - Water is Perfect with Chlorine ONLY!

1. Back To Top    #1

Am It Really This Easy? Or Just Luck - Water is Perfect with Chlorine ONLY!

Hi,

Didn't know whether to post this in the AGP or the Chemistry part so...

But - does the TFP method REALLY make things THIS easy?

A month into it now and chemical wise once I got the stabilizer in (CYA is steady at about 45 now and I haven't added any more so far) - the ONLY thing I have had to add to date is chlorine in varying amounts - NO Borax, NO Baking Soda - and my tests are GREAT every day - PH is exactly 7.5, and all the weekly tests are right in line - and THIS is how good my water looks this afternoon.

Attachment 49732

Now, I did have the dust/sand issue I posted about - but once I got the new pump and cleaner - 99% gone!

I am not spending more than 3 minutes a day testing the chlorine/PH and adding bleach.

COST - less than .30 a day in bleach.

THANKS!!!!!
    Intex 18'x9'x52 - 2800 GPH Sand Filter/Pump - TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Am It Really This Easy? Or Just Luck - Water is Perfect with Chlorine ONLY!

Yup, it is that easy ... and inexpensive

Consider Becoming a TFP Supporter with some of that saved money so we can keep helping others

For that matter, stick around yourself and help others
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Would you say you have a.... Troublefree Pool?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks - I will do what I can. On a slightly serious question though - should I expect to EVER need the Borax or Baking Soda? What would cause things to get out of balance where I would. I can imagine that at some point I will need to add CYA since I am leaving the pool up full time - but I have no idea what might generate the other items.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
    Thanks - I will do what I can. On a slightly serious question though - should I expect to EVER need the Borax or Baking Soda? What would cause things to get out of balance where I would. I can imagine that at some point I will need to add CYA since I am leaving the pool up full time - but I have no idea what might generate the other items.
    I've never had to add either of those. I get more than enough in my fill water and I'm sure you do, too.

Perhaps a mishap while adding acid could cause you to need those items, but that's about it. You'll never need to buy Calcium, either.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well that was a wast of 20 bucks sitting in the garage! Thanks.

7. Back To Top    #7

Borax is good in the laundry. Takes the stink out of sweaty socks. Making Soda is useful for all kinds of things. Better than twenty bucks' worth of pool store snake oils.

8. Back To Top    #8

You can use the borax n baking soda to wash clothes.

Enjoy the simplicity of your pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

if you're talking about CH up, you can use it to melt ice on your driveway! (yeah, i know your in AZ!). haha

welcome to easy street!

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

10. Back To Top    #10

Rarely - very rarely - I will have to adjust my pool after a very long rain. Other than that, it basilally runs on autopilot - about a 32 oz of %8.25 per day. maybe a little more or less depending on usage, but thats about it. Unless of course I feel like upping the boartes, and then its some borax and dry acid to even it out. Slowly but surely the borate levels in my pool are rising.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo