TA & Aeration

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
A curiosity question. With a high pH & high TA reading, I added the appropriate amount of muriatic acid & aerated my spa. If I understand correctly, the acid will decrease the pH level & the aeration will lower the level of TA. For a 2,250 gallon in-ground spa, approxiately how long should the blower be on in order to lower the TA level from 110ppm to 80ppm? Thank you kindly.

Kit

Well... almost.. The acid lowers both pH and TA. Aeration then raises pH and has little effect on TA. But this is not a one time deal. You need to lower pH to about 7.0 and then measure TA and begin to aerate. In an hour or so you measure pH again and when pH gets back to 7.3 or 7.4 you again add acid to bring pH down to 7.0. Measure TA and continue to repeat every hour or so until you get your TA down to what you want. In my case, I bring TA down to about 60. It quickly moves back up to 70 or so and then slowly creeps up to the point where I have to do it all again.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.