Another year, another clean up. :(

I'd brush those walls every day too. Have you read the ABC'S of pool water chemistry in pool school lately? If not, you should.

I'd brush those walls every day too. Have you read the ABC'S of pool water chemistry in pool school lately? If not, you should.

well...the pool is ALMOST full!!! it should reach the skimmer in another hour or 2. then its pump on, and start the SLAM!

just bought some nice new steps and going to build a temporary deck so we can get away from the ladder. Next year, I will have the pool re-leveled and change the liner to YOUR awesome liner that I wished I had gotten to begin with!

So, im looking forward to my Liquinator to arrive so we can get that sucker plumed in, dialed in...and helping me maintain my pool! Exciting swim season ahead.

Just for you Casey, I will go read the ABC's....AGAIN! ;-)

I know...i deserve a blasting, it would be nice to log in and be able to focus my time and attention on helping others, rather then focusing on yet another of my own disasters! ;-)

Thanks,
Steve

Get your pool toys together n you can start helping. One of my biggest pool pet peeves is seeing someone dump thousands of dollars on a nice pool (above grounds included) and the pools aren't taken care of. It just rubs me. Another is seeing friends post online about swimming and post pictures of kids in green cloudy sick pools.

Pool is FULL! pump is on....bleech and CYA are in....and it is RAINING big time! ;-)

When we get a break from the rain, I will run a set of numbers and see where im at. but for the next few days....its SLAM city! ;-)

So as far as the scale on the walls...I know I need to be scrubbing that..but at the moment, the pool is VERY cold, and VERY bleach-y. so were going to let the pool heat up just a bit before we jump in and start scrubbing. Obviously I can reach some of it from the outside, and I will work on that.

We are on the road to recovery!

Thanks,
Steve

Good luck. You'll want to run out and dip some water into a water bottle and test your water at the kitchen table. Don't let rain drops deter you or over take your SLAM. That's how a lot of people get into trouble.

this morning's readings!

CYA 30

FC 6

CC 1 (this was a very iffy 1. slight color change to almost no color change when adding R-0003)

TC 7

CH 175

TA 100

added 10% to bring FC back up to 13

time to order some reagents!

My R-0011L seems to have gotten thicker / hardened between swim seasons. I had an awful time getting 3 drops out of that bottle! Anyone have that issue before?

thanks,
Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
frustrating. this year, we cant seem to run the pump on high because it trips the breakers. doesnt matter what we try...

can run it on low no issues. and low isnt really a problem until its time to run the vacuum. oh well...for the time being, I must focus on the MOST important goal....

Shock, Level and MAINTAIN!!!

;-)

I can see the print on the bottom of the liner! (I also see a mass of dead algae in the middle of the pool that we weren't able to get out during the drain). As suspected, the scale on the liner is softening up and with just a brush against it with my hand, some of it is falling right off. I suspect some of it will be more stubborn and as soon as its not 60 degrees and raining (and my FC isnt at 15) i'll hop in and scrub and vacuum. but, were moving in the right direction! ;-)

Looking good this morning! Even though now my pool is filled all the way to the top of the skimmer thanks to all the rain from the storms lastnight! About to leave the house for work with FC at 15. should hold it down until I can get home with more 10% but I can already see the bottom of the liner print pretty clear so I do not suspect it will be much longer now. :)

Thanks,
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.