I'm on day 7 of my very first SLAM in 5 years. I have a question regarding the large amounts of chlorine loss my pool experiences at these high shock levels during daytime hours. This morning, my FC was 33. When I came home from work (about 12 hours later), the FC was 25.5. However, I just realized that this morning, I had turned on my SWG at 80% and it ran all day today.
It seems like a loss of 7.5ppm even in sunny 92 degree weather seems high - especially with the SWG running all day (I've since turned it off). However, I've never had to SLAM my pool before so I'm not familiar with these high chlorine levels and how the pool behaves.
Does this FC loss seem right?