Just filled

Jun 16, 2015
Randleman,NC
Hey everyone.... glad to be back for another season. Just filled my pool from my underground aquifer and tested it with my NEW K100 test-kit. Cl. below .5; Br. below 1; Ph. below 6.8; FC-0; Calcium hardness-250ppm; Total Alkalinity- 60 and cya-0. Pool is clear but I know that will change if left untreated. What and how much do you suggest I need?

Just went to pool math... should I just follow their suggestions? and what do I use for a "stabilizer"?, also at the bottom "SWG" reads 1; Normal: 1 to 3; Shock: 10 and mustard algae shock: 12? I don't know what that means....any help?
You want to use "normal". SWG is for people with a saltwater generator and the shock levels are for people with algae.

Rather than me typing my fingers down to bubs, I'll refer you to some pages that have already been typed.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry gets you speaking the lingo
Pool School - Recommended Levels is self-explanatory
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals tells you what chemical fixes what and how to add it
Pool School - PoolMath explains all the little tricks to use poolmath to figure how much to add

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.