Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! Hayward SWG's

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP! Hayward SWG's

I tried doing a quick search but did not yield much.

I ordered a Hayward Aquarite AQR 15. I'm positive of it, because I've been researching which one to buy for a year now. Anyway, I get the package today and it says "Hayward Swim Pure Plus" on it. The cell doesn't even look the same as the picture and neither does the control box.

Am I out of my mind? Is this the same unit or no?

Please Help!
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! Hayward SWG's

I bought this item on Ebay through PoolSupplyWorld. I called them and they swear up and down that these two models are identical except for the labeling. Can anyone confirm this?!?!?

The product I received looked different than the product on the Ebay listing.

Not Happy
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe ask Hayward?
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

4. Back To Top    #4

Here's Hayward contact information
    Contact us by phone:

(908) 355-7995 (U.S.)

Mon-Fri, 8 AM – 5 PM
    Chris- Macomb, Michigan 20,000 gallon pool IGP. 16 x 32 Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward 24 inch sand filter with Zeo sand. Hayward Aqua plus P4 automation board with T-15 turbo cell. Hayward H150 heater millivolts style. Polaris 9300 robot vacuum. New maytronics titain plus vacuum cleaner Test kits TF-100 and color Q7 TEST KIT.http://tftestkits.net.

5. Back To Top    #5

They are the same. Hayward has many labels for the same system.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    They are the same. Hayward has many labels for the same system.

Thanks for the replies. Strange thing is that the AQR 15 has rave reviews on Amazon and the SwimPurePlus has horrible reviews. Had me scared. But thanks for the info! But I will definitely call Hayward tomorrow before install to confirm. Thanks again

7. Back To Top    #7

I just wanted to update this thread for the record. Ping is absolutely correct. I contacted Hayward directly to confirm and these two units are indeed identical except for the labeling. Thanks!