No CC but no FC either. Time to SLAM (again)?

May 8, 2016
St Paul, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all:

I slammed my pool about three weeks ago. Had everything perfect. Then we had rain for a week, so the pool was neglected. (We have an automatic, non permeable cover, so when it rains, I can't get to the pool without clearing the water on the cover first, which doesn't make much sense when it's raining.) When I finally got to it, my previously crystal clear water was cloudy and slightly blue-green (again). Tested. FC was .5, CC is 0. I've tried bringing the chlorine back up to 5, but the pool isn't clearing, and while the CC is staying at 0, the FC isn't rising either.

I assume that means I need to slam again? If so, will the process go quicker this time? There's no visible algae. Just cloudy water.

Back-up question. I'm waiting for a new SWG cell to arrive so I can turn that system on. In the meantime, do I really need to test the water daily even when the pool is covered and not in use? Is it normal for the FC to disappear even when not exposed to sunlight?

Kelly

If it were me, I'd re-slam it and expect that it should go quicker.

I would test every day, or at least every other day, until I knew what my trend is. Cover or not, I would expect to add chlorine in that length of time. There could have been algae hiding somewhere, and no matter how good a cover, there's stuff getting in. Algae is microscopic and everywhere (dramatic suspenseful horror movie music in the background). And sorry to hear, tis a pain alright. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.