Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is the best website to buy a Dolphin/Maytronics robotic cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

What is the best website to buy a Dolphin/Maytronics robotic cleaner

Hello,
    I'm in the market for a Dolphin robotic pool cleaner as they seem to be by far the most recommended brand of robotic cleaner. I'm located in Orlando and surprisingly enough there isn't really a local dealer close to me. Anyway, I was looking around online and it seems like kind of a grab-bag of websites that carry them. Does anyone have a good website they purchased their Dolphin robot on they can recommend?
    Thanks!
    JJ
    18,500 gallon outdoor in-ground plaster kidney bean pool; Sta-Rite 1.5hp pump; Hayward 2420 Pro-Grid DE filter; 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 1 vac intake

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the best website to buy a Dolphin/Maytronics robotic cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by jjdickey View Post
    Hello,
    I'm in the market for a Dolphin robotic pool cleaner as they seem to be by far the most recommended brand of robotic cleaner. I'm located in Orlando and surprisingly enough there isn't really a local dealer close to me. Anyway, I was looking around online and it seems like kind of a grab-bag of websites that carry them. Does anyone have a good website they purchased their Dolphin robot on they can recommend?
    Thanks!
    JJ
    Maytronics is quirky in that they won't support warranties for certain models that are purchased through the internet. On this thread people were discussing buying over the phone from Atlas Pool in Atlanta:

Dolphin S300I vs Dolphin M500
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

I just bought a Nautilus Plus from Amazon. I specifically called Maytronics before purchasing and they verified that the warranty is GOOD for the Nautilus and Nautilus Plus when bought from Amazon. I did not ask about other models.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just purchased a Dolphin Oasis Z5 from epic pool supply. Full 3 year warranty. Some one on another thread equated shopping for a pool cleaner to shopping for a mattress in the way that the different branding of near identical products occurs. I agree completely.
    16 x 33 IG Fiberglass Viking Lakeshore (14500 gal.), Hayward Ecostar VSP, Hayward H250FDN NG Heater, Hayward C7030 cartridge filter, Omnilogic, T-15 SWG, Coverstar Autocover, Dolphin Oasis Z5, TF-100 Test Kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Idyllic,

So if your Z5 needs warranty work during the 3 year warranty period, do you have to send it to Epic Pool Supply? Who pays for shipping?

Just curious...
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mhosborn View Post
    Idyllic,

So if your Z5 needs warranty work during the 3 year warranty period, do you have to send it to Epic Pool Supply? Who pays for shipping?

Just curious...
    You take it to an authorized Maytronics repair center. It's Maytronics' warranty, not Epic's. The robot has to be registered through Maytronics for them to honor the warranty. For certain items they will not honor the warranty if the purchase is made online rather than through an authorized dealer. Some authorized dealers will sell via phone sales to get around the Internet issue.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

For a high priced product that may need repair I'd avoid the grey market (Amazon etc). Some brick and mortar pool stores will compete with internet pricing. Use the Maytronics website for dealers near you and call around for pricing. They can ship.

8. Back To Top    #8

I bought my Dolphin DX5+S from Leslie's Pool Supply. They didn't carry it in their Store but I was still able to get the discount they were offering. That was 2 months ago. Paid less than what Amazon was offsering
    84' perimeter 16' x 31' gunite in-ground pool with blue quartz finish, travertine coping, 8'-6" x 18" raised beam and 14' of 12" raised beam with 2 scuppers, built in June, 2015. 385' of Houston Tan acrylic decking. 2 H.P. Tristar variable speed pump, Hayward 4025 cartridge filter and Dolphin DX5+S robotic cleaner

9. Back To Top    #9

I bought my Dolphin DX5+S from Leslie's Pool Supply. They didn't carry it in their Store so they ordered it for me, but I was still able to get the discount they were offering. That was 2 months ago. Paid less than what Amazon was offsering
    84' perimeter 16' x 31' gunite in-ground pool with blue quartz finish, travertine coping, 8'-6" x 18" raised beam and 14' of 12" raised beam with 2 scuppers, built in June, 2015. 385' of Houston Tan acrylic decking. 2 H.P. Tristar variable speed pump, Hayward 4025 cartridge filter and Dolphin DX5+S robotic cleaner

10. Back To Top    #10

I 2nd Epic Pool Supply. Also, INYO pools is pretty good.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

11. Back To Top    #11

Another vote for Epic Pool Supply and the Oasis Z5 here...

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit