SWG beeping, error code 170

Oct 6, 2015
TX
Hello all,

My non-operational SWG has started beeping and showing service code 170. We have a bad sensor and have not operated the SWG in the past year or so. In a lightning strike last fall the control board was fried and was replaced. The entire system is designed so that the other components (pumps etc) don't run if the the SWG isn't powered on. I asked the pool repair guy who serviced it last year and he says that it is not possible to turn just the SWG off.

I have tried pressing the salinity button for 5 (or even 10) seconds but it is not responding. I took the cover off and tried to look for the sound switch showed in some pictures online but I couldn't find it. How can I stop this annoying beeping?

As long as it doesn't mess up the rest of the system and I keep up with the TFP method, do I really need to get this serviced? I just want the noise to stop! The equipment is right outside my bedroom wall and it's SO annoying when it starts beeping :(

Please let me know if you'd like any other information, pics etc and I can supply all that.

Thanks so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I forgot to mention it is the Jandy Purelink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.