Georgia New Build Quote

Sig452

Jun 7, 2016
Newnan
Hey guys! I am brand new here to TFP and new to ownership of a pool. I was hoping to run a quote by some folks with plenty of experience and receive your thoughts and opinions. We are currenty looking at a lagoon style vinyl liner salt pool. We are bouncing back and forth between a 18x35x29 and a larger 22x40x34. Any info you could pass my way would be greatly appreciated! Also any pics you may have of similar pools would be great to see a finished project. Thanks in advance!

Quote:

18x35x29, 700 sq ft concrete wall $26,700
8 ft tanning ledge w/ steps $1,900
9 ft bench/swimout liner over $950
95 Ln ft cantilever coping (Included)
1000 sq ft standard finish concrete$5,500
Pentair Equipment:
1 Super Flo (Included)
1 Cartridge Filter (Included)
1 Booster Pump and Pentair Legend II Cleaner (Included)
1 Screen Logic Smartphone Remote (Included)
1 Easy Touch 4 Computer w/ Salt (Included)
4 LED Lights Low Voltage (Included)
1 3 year warranty on all equip.
Total: $35,050

For the larger pool:

22x40x34 940 sq ft the price goes to $39,150

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Get at least a 2-speed pump if not a VS pump.
Get a large filter (what size cartridge?)
Ditch the booster pump and cleaner ... get a robot instead
Make sure the SWG is sized for 1.5-3 times the volume of the pool

Not sure I have ever seen someone regret getting a pool that was "too large"

What are the volume of the pools? That is used to size the filter and SWG.

It looks like you are going to have a very nice pool! I can't speak to the cost but a couple of things that I learned from this forum: Ask about the size of the SWG. We have a 20,200 gal pool and have the IC40. If you are going to add anything like landscape lighting etc, I would ask them to price the Easy Touch 8. It allows you to control pool lights, landscape lights, etc. We have a variable speed pump and I really like that option as I can program speeds for waterfall, cleaner, skimming, filtering, etc.

Best wishes on your build!

Sig452,

Some of my comments have already been mentioned, but I'll say them again.

Do not get the Superflo. I suspect what is quoted is the single speed, but even the VS model is just a regular motor with a controller. You want the Intelliflo which has a Permanent Magnet Motor which was designed to run a slow and almost silent. Yes it will cost a little more but well worth the money.

Filter, I suspect the included filter is the smallest one they have, which means you will be cleaning it once a month. Go with the biggest cartride they have and you will only have to clean it once or twice a year.

The EasyTouch4 is really only an EasyTouch '3" because one of the relays is dedicated to running the SWG. The two other relay circuits will be used for the pool light and for the Pad light, so now you have an EasyTouch "1". And if you are unfortunate enough not to dump the Booster pump, you'll use the remaining relay for that. Not critical, but now would be the time to get the EasyTouch8 so you will not run out of control circuits the day your pool is built.

Dump the Booster pump and Legend, and buy an Electric Robot cleaner like the Dolphin S300.

Make sure the SWG they provide is at least an IC40, or better yet, the IC60.

When they wire the EasyTouch demand that they wire it for at least 60 Amps. You never know what you might want to add in the future.

Good luck with your new pool.

Jim R.

Study up on salt vs chlorine pool. The salt generator produces chlorine and uses a considerable amount of power to operate. Salt breaks down everything it can get to including grout, metal and anything that it can oxidize. Ph must be watched close with salt. Salt water pools tend to develop scaling requiring mechanical removal. The water is softer with a salt water pool. (people like the feel)Chlorine can be a dangerous chemical. There are some health effects due to chlorinated pools but I think with proper water balancing these are minimal. I hear the cost of operation of a salt water pool is less than chlorine but i question the logic. I was considering the switch to salt water and found that most of the website are pushing salt water pool and leave out some important information. i.e. cost of electric for generator operation, cost of servicing generator (needed every few seasons for scale buildup on plates) Cost of chems for salt addition and ph adjustment.

I spend maybe 300 per year for chems.

Get large capacity filter. (what ever type you get) I upgraded my filter to get a faster turn over rate of capacity of my pool and its so much easier to maintain. They started me with the bare minimum filter that would work. I have cartridge filters.

Study up on salt vs chlorine pool. The salt generator produces chlorine and uses a considerable amount of power to operate. Salt breaks down everything it can get to including grout, metal and anything that it can oxidize. Ph must be watched close with salt. Salt water pools tend to develop scaling requiring mechanical removal. The water is softer with a salt water pool. (people like the feel)Chlorine can be a dangerous chemical. There are some health effects due to chlorinated pools but I think with proper water balancing these are minimal. I hear the cost of operation of a salt water pool is less than chlorine but i question the logic. I was considering the switch to salt water and found that most of the website are pushing salt water pool and leave out some important information. i.e. cost of electric for generator operation, cost of servicing generator (needed every few seasons for scale buildup on plates) Cost of chems for salt addition and ph adjustment.

I spend maybe 300 per year for chems.

Get large capacity filter. (what ever type you get) I upgraded my filter to get a faster turn over rate of capacity of my pool and its so much easier to maintain. They started me with the bare minimum filter that would work. I have cartridge filters.

Lots of bad information here. A SWG pool is a chlorine pool, the SWG just generates the chlorine instead of you having to manually add it.
SWG does not use much power.
There is salt in every pool and the SWG levels are still 10x less than the ocean ... very little if any damage to grout or metal can be attributed to the low salt levels found in SWG pools.
Scale only forms if you are not maintaining the proper chemistry (as is required for any pool).
The cost of maintaining a SWG pool is basically the same as a regular chlorine (bleach) pool over the long term ... including accounting all the things you mention.

I do agree that large filters are better ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.