High CH what to do.

TRW

May 19, 2009
So Cal
Hello all,
I have been hanging around getting great info from the site and thought it's time to sign up, so here I am.
I tested my chemicals yesterday and found that my CH levels are high, now I went to the pool calculator and plugged in my #'s and the recommendation is to do a 30% drain & refill. My kid's have been swimming everyday for 2 weeks now and splashing out I would guess at least 50 gallons a day, should I re-check my CH level in the near future or do the drain & refill now?, also I read here that spotting or molting can result from high CH to which my gray plaster has done.

CC - 10
PH - 7.4
TA - 100
CYA - 60
CH - 425

Is your fill water high in CH?

You're is high but no extraordinary, the main issue is keeping the PH and TA in range which would prevent scaling issues. The high CH is likely a result of it being new in October. You are concerned with spots on your plaster- can you post pics? I would think any issues relating to the plaster finish may be an issue with your builder? (Correct me if I'm wrong here, folks.)

Is that a test typo CC-10 - is that supposed to be FC?

How are you testing your water (kit type)?

I honestly don't see anything in your results that would indicate the need to drain and refill. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.