Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cut in seating area in pool with jets

1. Back To Top    #1

Cut in seating area in pool with jets

Hi...I am brand new to the forums and this is my first post! Hopefully, this is the correct forum...we have a seating area with 4 eyeball inlets at back level and two at foot level. On the edge of the pool is a air intake (?) that used to regulate the force of the jets. I tried to open it last weekend and water started coming out of it. Now, I cannot close it (won't turn at all and seems like internal piping is also turning), so I have to turn off power to the pump that controls this area.

Any idea as to what this could be and how I can solve it without a service call? Thanks so much! Pool Spa June 2016.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Cut in seating area in pool with jets

If water comes out of the air inlet, it is usually because there is blockage in the outlet. Are you getting a strong flow out of the return that the air vent feeds? Is there a separate air vent for each return or one for many returns?
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Burlington, Ontario

Re: Cut in seating area in pool with jets

Check that your jets are assembled correctly. I had this happen when one of my jets was missing a sealing ring in the swivel part.
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub