Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vac head for vinyl IG...

1. Back To Top    #1

Vac head for vinyl IG...

Ive read the "I hate my vac head" thread, but wanted to ask one question that was never answered:

Can we use the "commercial" type vac-heads on a vinyl liner pool? These are the flexible heads with multiple wheels on it.

I need to buy a new vac head and for once want a decent one that will work well and last a while. Right now its between the Blue Devil, Rainbow 198 ("contoured") and Rainbow 214 (commercial, flexible with wheels)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vac head for vinyl IG...

Hi Chris

NO!!

Those vacs will hurt your liner and possibly floor!

You need to stick with the vac heads that have brushes attached.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vac head for vinyl IG...

Hehe, I love the happy "hi" then the "you're an idiot" head bonk

The ProVac 214 does actually have a brush on the front of it. But Ill go with the contour model just to be safe. I have a triangle head right now, but what a pain trying to get the last bit of startup algae where the walls meet the floor............the triangle has such little surface area that I can shove into that 90 degree joint.

And Ive learned I want something with replaceable parts.........cant find replacement brushes for my generic triangle vac, so I end up buying a new one when the brushes wear out (which is basically every season)
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell