Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with chemistry

1. Back To Top    #1

The Woodlands Texas

Need help with chemistry

Just started testing my own pool. My pool currently is very cloudy and has some algae developing.

FC .5
    CC .5
    PH under 7.0, shows up yellow
    alk 30ppm
    ch 90 ppm
    cya 35 ppm

Using taylor k-2006. Please advise how to best increase my numbers.

15000 gallon diamond brite

2. Back To Top    #2
    Southampton, NJ

Re: Need help with chemistry

Far from an expert but from what I'm seeing with your numbers, the advice might include a slam to clear out the algae and rid the pool of the cc. Then increasing the cya slightly and pH. Read pool school. Then read again.
    Diamond Pool 20'x40' Lazy L, approx 33,000 gal vinyl liner, Hayward s244T filter, Pentair Intellichlor Ic 40( new May 2016) replaced computer pool cpsc35, inter mastic T40404R, A.O.Smith UST1152 super pump 1.5 hp, Hayward heater, not working or by-passed, Polaris 360

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Need help with chemistry

Bleach or liquid chlorine is the best way to increase FC quickly. Use Poolmath to calculate to how much to add. Chlorine level is set based on CYA and the FC/CYA Chart. Keep it at target at all times. If FC drops below minimum the pool becomes u sanitary and algae can begin to grow.

To kill the algae you need to follow this process, SLAM

It is important to maintain PH between 7.2 and 7.8 at all times to prevent damage to your pool and equipment.

Please add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

Read up in Pool School to better understand how to manage your water chemistry.
    Start here, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    And then here, Pool School - Getting Started
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach