Circulation in 32x16 rectangle pool, looking for help

trmiv

Jun 6, 2016
Wake Forest, NC
Hey all. New pool owner here. So far I've been doing pretty well with the TFP method to maintain water quality, but I'm not happy with the surface skimming in my pool. I've got the basket clean, weir is working, and there is good flow going into the basket, but I'm lost on where to direct the jets to get the proper flow throughout my pool. In the pic you can see the two returns are the red arrow, and the skimmer is the green. Also there is a main drain in the deep end. The pool is 32x18 and 8 feet deep on the deep end. Right now I have the deep end inlet pointed towards the bottom, and the shallow end inlet pointed slightly up and towards the shallow end wall. The inlets are just the Hayward SP1419D. The area around the skimmer is of course free of stuff, but there stuff floating in the rest of the pool that I just can't seem to get directed towards the skimmer. Any advice on positioning you guys can give would be welcome. Thanks!

pool.jpg

Try pointing the shallow end return toward the middle of the opposite wall and the deep end one as far toward the shallow end as you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.