New Slide, where to place?

I think a right turn slide placed on the left side of the pool so that the exit of the slide dumps in the area where the bottom slopes down would be best. Maybe 1/3 of the way down the slope or middle of the pool side length. It's hard to make out, but you can see our slide location in my avatar. Our pool is nearly identical dimensions to yours, but with end steps and ladder opposite the slide.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any really good pics of our slide location but from this one from another thread: Refinishing slide - Page 2

You can see in that picture, the wall anchor/loop in the coping is where the slope downward toward the deep end starts. So the ladder part of our slide is next to the shallow end, but the exit of the slide dumps onto the sloped area. Hope that helps a bit.

What kind of a slide is it? Do you have any pictures of it or a link to it on the web?

If your slide is the same style as mine, that kit will work. Plan on replacing it every few years though as the plastic tubing tends to get brittle and the fittings degrade in sunlight over time. I'm currently working on a DIY sprayer kit with brass fittings and trying out some different styles of tubing to see if I can find a set up that lasts longer.

The other issue is getting water to the slide. My pool has a 1 inch plumbed line underground controlled with a gate valve at the equipment pad. However, before I moved in, it was not properly winterized at some point and has cracked somewhere underground. If I leave the gate valve open and run the water to the slide there, I lose about an inch of water every hour! I'm planning on just running a garden hose through the rock around the outside of the pool and just supplying it with a faucet on the outside of the house. Will be a good way to top the pool off periodically after evaporation. Some day I may get it hard plumbed in the pool circulation again...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.