So confused, so much information...Hayward skimmer and dual outlets

rwood5093

Bronze Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Jamestown, SC
I have done my best to locate the answer myself (abuot 6 hours so far ~sigh~), but all I've done is frustrate myself. I find a scenario that sounds close, but then the example doesn't have the dual outlets, or the same hoses, links are dead or pics dont show up, etc. I'm desperate for help!

We have an intex ultraframe 16x48 w/dual suction outlets. The dual suction uses the 1 1/4" hoses w/hose clamps, then join in the T valve, and go to the pump using the 1 1/2" hose w/nuts.

I added the Hayward SP1091LX skimmer last night, but have not cut the liner yet. We planned on using one of the little black stoppers to block one of the dual outlets, and move that hose for the skimmer. the water going into the pump will be a combination of the remaining outlet + skimmer (see attached drawing). There is a valve built into the T, so I am not worried about adding a ball valve to the bottom of the skimmer (at this time).
pool.jpg
I'm stuck at the point of connecting the skimmer to the 1 1/4" hose. (The manual says it's 1 1/4", or is it really 40mm?)

Are we doing it wrong? I see some people only intake water through the skimmer. some recommend using the skimmer + other outlet. It really doesn't matter to me, but I guess we're ok using the skimmer + outlet combo, unless the suction isn't adequate.

I have a handful of adapters that came with the SWG - it looks like we have some B adapters, and some A adapters, but neither of them seem to fit. I see a lot of folks use the GAME 4560 adapter, but I don't think it would work for in this application. I have seen a post where someone took the larger hose and forced it over the skimmer downspout. we tried it, and it doesn't fit.

We have seen a "Universal Pool Pump and filter hose adapter" on amazon that is 1.5 threaded and says it fits 1.25 and 1.5 inch hoses (see attached). we were wondering if this could replace the downspout that came with the skimmer and allow us to use the 1 1/4" hose. Someone on Amazon asked the question "Will this fit an intex pool?" and someone replied no.
universal hose adapter.jpg
I've also found a Hayward XPX1091Z1 Hose Adapter replacement that sounds like it might work. it is 1 1/2" threaded and then has 1 1/4" slip on the other end.
SPX1091Z1 Adapter.jpg

Ideas? Tips? we currently have both dual outlets sucking water so we can at least try to get the pool open. So, i cant take the with me to Lowes or Home Depot (which is 40 miles away).

At this point I don't really want to hard plumb or upgrade the filter. the $369 pool is already cost over $1000 and I have yet to swim in it. I will probably upgrade after the sticker shock wears off or something breaks.

thanks!

Measure across the end of the hose that connects to the pool. It is probably 1 1/4". If it feels too small to fit over the skimmer pipe try a little silicon pool lube on the pipe, or use a hairdryer to warm up the end of the hose to soften it a bit so it stretches more easily. Secure the hose with radiator clamps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.