I'm regretting getting this pool and spending all this money on it. It cost a lot to buy and install and it's been nothing but problem after problem. We had one or 2 days of crystal clear water, then cloudy water and algae. I'm so done with it.
Anyways, we had algae last week, right after memorial day. We got a ton of rain and then my brother in law was in it and said it felt slimy. Sure enough a day or 2 later, you could see it. that Friday, my husband vacuumed the pool, still there but it did pick up some. The next day, we had some electric work done on our home and the guy was s pool guy. My husband said the tests he does every other day, the numbers are all good and the guy said to get the water tested for phosphates. We did and it was low. Leslies said the chlorine was good, at home recreation said it was low. We've had that issue with it being low bc we have the tablets in the floater but started putting a few more tablets in it. That day, my husband scrubbed the pool to get the algae. Sunday night, he shocked it. There is stuff on the floor of the pool. Not sure if it's algae or dirt. Need to get in it to see. But the pool is still cloudy after the shock. My husband says after the shock it may take a few days to clear up. It's Wednesday. Stuff on the bottom of the pool and it's cloudy. It just looks gross. He says we can go in, but I'm not taking my 2 year old daughter in that. It just looks gross. I'm just so fed up and crying bc all my daughter wants to do everyday is go in the pool and she can't I'll post pics once i go back out there.