Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool owner in North Alabama

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool owner in North Alabama

Hello! I'm a new pool owner and I thought I knew pools but I have found out that I have a lot to learn! I have a T shaped pool... Basically 2 pools... The top of the T is all shallow and the middle of the T is all deep. I have the Aqua Genie with salt water generator. I have the double chairs, waterfall, slide and diving board. It's 35000 gal or more.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool owner in North Alabama

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you, we bought the house last year and owner had a Specialty T shape pool... Wish it was just a normal rectangle bc all special liners and covers are insane! I love this forum btw... It saved me a new pcb bc I replaced the current limiter and it fixed my issue thanks to this forum!
    35kgal,IG-T shape,SWG-Aqua rite,2 Aqua genie skimmers, slide,double chairs, waterfall, Polaris, 1hp pump, I run it with the 2 main drains and 2 skimmers work, waterfall is disconnected, new pool owner in Alabama and clueless!

4. Back To Top    #4

We'd love to see pics of this enormous T

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I never saw that create albums like it said so I just made the avatar the photo.
    35kgal,IG-T shape,SWG-Aqua rite,2 Aqua genie skimmers, slide,double chairs, waterfall, Polaris, 1hp pump, I run it with the 2 main drains and 2 skimmers work, waterfall is disconnected, new pool owner in Alabama and clueless!

6. Back To Top    #6

Can you upload it into a post so we can see it larger?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP! That's an interesting pool design.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hoping this photo comes through....IMG_1493.jpgIMG_1534.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

see below... It is T shaped because the previous owners were Tiffin's and so they had it shaped like a T. I wish is was just a rectangle so it isn't special order on everything but I am stuck with the T.
    Last edited by Amyray1216; 06-24-2016 at 12:12 PM. Reason: photo upload

9. Back To Top    #9

Well, other than the special order vinyl aspect, its a great looking pool! Large play area as well as a diving/slide deep end. My ideal pool almost!