Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken Fence Bracket.. help!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Broken Fence Bracket.. help!!

A couple days ago a gust of wind put one of our rafts though the vinyl fence around our pool. One of the brackets broke and i've had zero luck finding it anywhere. I've been to every pool store within 20 miles and have scoured the web. The only lead i found was this site but it doesn't appear to sell the bracket any longer. Does anyone have any idea where I can get one of these? I believe its a Plastival fence but they seem to be out of business.

IMG_0628.jpg
    12,500k AG 24ft Round
    Hayward EC-40 DE Filter
    1HP Power Flo LX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Broken Fence Bracket.. help!!

Is there some reason you can't just splint it? Remove the screws, cut some plexiglass or polycarbonate and drill a few holes, and the sandwich the broken pieces between a couple pieces with some more Stainless Steel sheet metal screws.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by sennico View Post
    A couple days ago a gust of wind put one of our rafts though the vinyl fence around our pool. One of the brackets broke and i've had zero luck finding it anywhere. I've been to every pool store within 20 miles and have scoured the web. The only lead i found was this site but it doesn't appear to sell the bracket any longer. Does anyone have any idea where I can get one of these? I believe its a Plastival fence but they seem to be out of business.

IMG_0628.jpg
    this piece looks identical to the fence brackets I have. I just got mine this year and by hey should have more stock. I got mine from American sale. I hope that helps ya
    19k 15x36' inground oval vinyl lined pool with deep end. 3 returns , 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Is there some reason you can't just splint it? Remove the screws, cut some plexiglass or polycarbonate and drill a few holes, and the sandwich the broken pieces between a couple pieces with some more Stainless Steel sheet metal screws.
    Good call on the polycarbonate it's not pretty but it will do. Thanks!

12,500k AG 24ft Round
    Hayward EC-40 DE Filter
    1HP Power Flo LX