stenner injector/check valve leaking?

May 11, 2016
Troy IL
Hi all. I finally got my Stenner pump installed at the pad tonight.I threaded the injector/check valve assembly into the T that I plumbed in for it, and turned the pool pump on before hooking up the hoses to make sure it didn't leak. To my surprise, water slowly bubbled up the injector tube. Is that normal? I suppose if water were to travel back up my tubes, the Stenner itself won't let the water back into my chlorine storage. But it seemed to go against what I know a check valve to do.

IMG_2517.jpg

I suppose that makes sense. Perhaps it's the downside of choosing the higher psi pump. Either way, I appreciate hearing I am not alone. I'm setting up the timer for injecting now. If there are any problems I should know soon.

I have had a couple of Stenner injector/check valves and they did the same thing. I think the rollers in the Stenner pump would prevent any back flow of water into the Stenner tank as the rollers are pinching the tube pretty good. If the feed tubing from the Stenner to the injector broke, I think the check valve would slow down the flow of water considerably. The "check valve" is a duckbill type and upon close inspection of it I don't see how it could seal 100% against pool pressure.

Thanks Gary, that makes me feel better. I didn't really inspect mine when I had it apart, but I did take it apart to make sure the duck bill was in there and all. You are correct that it does prevent most of the pressure from pushing water out, so even in the event of a failure, I wouldn't lose much water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.