Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Automatic Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Automatic Cleaner

Greetings all. I just purchased the Intex robot and really like it. But since my liner has some creases that I wasn't able to get out, it frequently becomes stuck. My pool is off within the 1" tolerance, so I never fixed it. I am using the Intex 2100gph sand filter with a new salt water generator. Now onto my question.

If I upgrade the sand filter to the 3000gph, or a Hayward that does more than that, would my cleaner not get stuck on the creases?

Thanks all!

Regards,
    Gabesdaddee

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Automatic Cleaner

It will probably still get stuck, but I am not positive... I would hate to see you buy a pump and it not work but maybe it's worth a try..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Try setting the filter valve on recirculate, bypassing the sandfilter. That gives an extra boost that may be enough to overcome the creases. Gives you an idea whether a new pump will solve it.
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

4. Back To Top    #4

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickelin View Post
    Try setting the filter valve on recirculate, bypassing the sandfilter. That gives an extra boost that may be enough to overcome the creases. Gives you an idea whether a new pump will solve it.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

mine flys in my pool...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry for not responding to this thread sooner...it's been one of those days. Turns out my son partially closed the return valve causing this issue. Now it doesn't get stuck at all. Thank you all again.