Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Results - What needs adjusting?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Results - What needs adjusting?

Added CYA last Tuesday.......Here are my newest test results w/ CYA included. Still learning, so I wanted to see if anything needs to be adjusted besides the FC. Wasn't quite sure about the T/A. Thanks!

FC - 3 (going to adjust to 4)
    CC - 0
    TC - 3
    pH- 7.8 (had quite a bit a rain this past weekend was 7.5 before the rain but has been 7.8 since)
    T/A- 120
    CH- 60
    CYA- 32ish
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Results - What needs adjusting?

The TA is alright where it is (unless you have problems with PH drifting up very quickly). It will probably drift down very slowly over time, so you might as well let it do that and not worry about it.

Everything else looks good.

Given a CYA of 32, you never want to let your FC level fall below 2. The idea is to find a FC level to raise FC to, so that 24 hours later it is still 2 or higher.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yesterday my FC was 1.5 (hadn't tested CYA yet) so I added 70 oz of bleach to adjust to 4 late yesterday afternoon. Tested around 1:30 today and got 3. So should I wait until later this afternoon and check it again to see where it's at before adding more bleach?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie4136
    Yesterday my FC was 1.5 (hadn't tested CYA yet) so I added 70 oz of bleach to adjust to 4 late yesterday afternoon. Tested around 1:30 today and got 3. So should I wait until later this afternoon and check it again to see where it's at before adding more bleach?

Usually best to test once the sun is off the pool. I do mine early evening and add chemicals accordingly.
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, you can wait to test and raise FC until later in the day. Long term, your goal is to get into a routine that you will have an easy time doing each day. Pick a time of day that will be convenient every day, or almost every day, and stick with that. Ideally, you want to add chlorine in the evening, but it is more important to pick a time of day that is going to work for you day after day.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

ANOTHER new thread? Just kidding

Glad to hear things are going well.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com