Dolphin Premier vs Aquabot Elite: any advise or suggestions or experiences?

I need a new sweeper and have decided on a robotic one. After MUCH research I have narrowed down to the Dolphine Premier or the Aquabot Elite ( at least I think I've narrowed it unless someone can advise for something better). I am seeking suggestions, experiences, any input appreciated!

Hopefully you get some good responses to this post. I'm in the market also, so I'll be watching responses. May I ask what has allowed you to narrow down your selection to these 2 models? What do they have/do that the others don't?

If you have trees that drop a lot of leaves, the Premier is not for you. I have to Premier and it works for me because I have very few leaves or tree droppings. The Premier can only use one type of filter at a time, the next Dolphin I will be buying will be the S300. Here is what I said on a recent post...

"I have a couple of old Dolphins which have the heavy canvas-like bags, which can pick up everything... leaves, little pebbles, and dust. I did not find it hard to clean the bags at all, takes five minutes, but you will get wet.

I now have a year-old Dolphin Premier, which gives me three options....

1. A thin, cheap-feeling, bag which can be used for leaves and big stuff, but leaves all the dust or dirt behind... OR... 2. A fine screen mesh, which picks up small pebbles, but not much big stuff or any dust or dirt... OR... 3. A pleated flat cartridge filter that picks up sand, dust, and dirt great, but also captures small pebbles in-between the pleats. I find cleaning them to be a PIA...

My next robot will be the S300 that diverminh is recommending. I like the fact that it uses a "bucket" that can capture leaves and large stuff, a mesh "pre-filter" to capture pebbles, sand etc, and a fine filter to capture dirt and dust, all at the same time."

Jim R.

I'm looking at both of those as well. Leaning towards the Elite as it might be easier to clean. And I have trees! So Jim's comment above it well taken in account.
Wish I could see them locally. None of the local dealers have much in stock and only seem to recommend models that are $1500.

If you have trees that drop a lot of leaves, the Premier is not for you. I have to Premier and it works for me because I have very few leaves or tree droppings. The Premier can only use one type of filter at a time, the next Dolphin I will be buying will be the S300. Here is what I said on a recent post...

"I have a couple of old Dolphins which have the heavy canvas-like bags, which can pick up everything... leaves, little pebbles, and dust. I did not find it hard to clean the bags at all, takes five minutes, but you will get wet.

I now have a year-old Dolphin Premier, which gives me three options....

1. A thin, cheap-feeling, bag which can be used for leaves and big stuff, but leaves all the dust or dirt behind... OR... 2. A fine screen mesh, which picks up small pebbles, but not much big stuff or any dust or dirt... OR... 3. A pleated flat cartridge filter that picks up sand, dust, and dirt great, but also captures small pebbles in-between the pleats. I find cleaning them to be a PIA...

My next robot will be the S300 that diverminh is recommending. I like the fact that it uses a "bucket" that can capture leaves and large stuff, a mesh "pre-filter" to capture pebbles, sand etc, and a fine filter to capture dirt and dust, all at the same time."

Jim R.

I agree with diverminh's evangelism on the S300. It replaced my aging Diagnostic with the canvas bag. The basket vs. bag challenge has a clear winner. The drudge aspect of the old-style bag turned what should have been an effortless cleaning into one where I was forever looking for a better solution. The new basket design is so obvious it should have been there from day 1. The S300 is very light, has an exceedingly simple design and is an effective workhorse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.