Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ph increaser not dissolving

1. Back To Top    #1

ph increaser not dissolving

good evening,
    I mistakenly sprinkled 16oz of ph increaser onto the water instead of diluting it first. It's settling on the bottom of a vinyl liner newly installed.
    Brushing often today didn't help much. Will that damage the new liner in any way? Thanks, Jerry.
    12,500 gal. AG---extruded alum. with 1hp Hayward EC-50, D.E. filter ( both 30 yrs. old)--Taylor TF-100---well water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ph increaser not disolving

pH increaser, which is likely just expensively packaged sodium carbonate, is less likely to cause damage to the liner than pH reducer or muriatic acid. I would still keep on brushing it often to help it dissolve.

Next time you need to increase pH, buy some 20 Mule Team Borax in the laundry aisle. Much cheaper.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: ph increaser not disolving

Right. But it's dark out and I cannot see the pool. Is first thing in the morning ok? or should I get the flashlight.
    12,500 gal. AG---extruded alum. with 1hp Hayward EC-50, D.E. filter ( both 30 yrs. old)--Taylor TF-100---well water

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: ph increaser not dissolving

If you brushed it sometime this evening, I'd let it go. If not, find the headlamp! :P
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: ph increaser not dissolving

Ok, I'll brush it now and stay with it all day tomorrow. Thanks JVTrain