Need to replace pool light--what are my options?

okiediver

Sep 3, 2015
Ft Myers FL
Pool Size
Hi everyone--

First off let me say that I have gotten so much useful info from this forum and I so appreciate it very much! Its awesome!

I need some guidance on replacing the pool light. I know from what I have read how to do it, it does not seem difficult at all. What Im fuzzy about is what I need to replace. I know the fixture is a light that changes colors when you flip the switch....the same light is in my spa (which is working fine) and I think it may be a Pentair. Right now, the pool light works, but it doesnt change color when I flip the light like the spa light does. Is this just a bulb or two that needs replaced or???? Right now its kind of a pink light. Personally, I dont care about the light changing colors, I just want a blue light--something simple and the cheapest fix... Can someone tell me what my options are?

Thank you!

If you believe it's a Pentiar light, check the manual here: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/IntelliBrite 5G OM.pdf on page 6.

That is definitely the light I have. Geez the replacement of this looks very difficult. I am not able to flip the switch to change color--its stuck on a pink color. I did not see a troubleshooting section.

It doesnt look like there are any "bulbs". I have to replace the whole unit?

So if there are no bulbs that screw in Im thinking that installing a regular pool light with one bulb is out of the question. This is something wayyyy out of my scope of ability. I was hoping for a simple fix but Im gathering there isnt one!:-(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.