Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to replace pool light--what are my options?

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to replace pool light--what are my options?

Hi everyone--

First off let me say that I have gotten so much useful info from this forum and I so appreciate it very much! Its awesome!

I need some guidance on replacing the pool light. I know from what I have read how to do it, it does not seem difficult at all. What Im fuzzy about is what I need to replace. I know the fixture is a light that changes colors when you flip the switch....the same light is in my spa (which is working fine) and I think it may be a Pentair. Right now, the pool light works, but it doesnt change color when I flip the light like the spa light does. Is this just a bulb or two that needs replaced or???? Right now its kind of a pink light. Personally, I dont care about the light changing colors, I just want a blue light--something simple and the cheapest fix... Can someone tell me what my options are?

Thank you!
    Hayward Aqua Rite Salt pool
    Dolphin cleaner/PoolCleaner
    Pentair Triton II filter
    Heater
    approx. 24000 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to replace pool light--what are my options?

If you believe it's a Pentiar light, check the manual here: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Inte...%205G%20OM.pdf on page 6.

Basically, you need to power cycle the light in less than 5 seconds to select a new color mode... if this is the light you have.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need to replace pool light--what are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    If you believe it's a Pentiar light, check the manual here: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Inte...%205G%20OM.pdf on page 6.
    That is definitely the light I have. Geez the replacement of this looks very difficult. I am not able to flip the switch to change color--its stuck on a pink color. I did not see a troubleshooting section.

It doesnt look like there are any "bulbs". I have to replace the whole unit?

So if there are no bulbs that screw in Im thinking that installing a regular pool light with one bulb is out of the question. This is something wayyyy out of my scope of ability. I was hoping for a simple fix but Im gathering there isnt one!
    Hayward Aqua Rite Salt pool
    Dolphin cleaner/PoolCleaner
    Pentair Triton II filter
    Heater
    approx. 24000 gallons