Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pump

1. Back To Top    #1

New pump

We need to buy a new pump. Our current pump is a Jacuzzi Magnum Force with an AO smith motor, 1 hp.

I notice the Jacuzzi Magnum Force is still available. It would be nice to get that since then we won't have to change any piping, etc.

But is there a better choice? Where we wouldn't have to adjust too much piping?

Thanks
    Dayna

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pump

If you can get one with 2 speeds, that might be a nice upgrade without changing fittings. Jacuzzi Bros. Jacuzzi Magnum Force Dual Speed 1 HP - 94027210 - INYOPools.com
    Running at low speed even for twice as long will save you $$ on electricity.

Hard to tell if your pump is over or undersized without more details about your pool. Please add the details of your pool to your signature. Edit Signature
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll add them later, I have lot to do today. So why are Jacuzzi pumps still being sold? I thought Jacuzzi went out of business? We had to replace our Jacuzzi sand filter 2 years ago.

4. Back To Top    #4

They don't seem to think so.
    Hot Tubs, Bathtubs: Jacuzzi

Sure, add the info whenever you get a chance and we can review it later.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Well I still haven't added my info. Really. I should have it memorize...but we ended up taking the pump apart, and fixing part of it, so we just got a new motor.

So that should be good for a bit.

Thanks anyway. I do have a question about bleach... I will post in another section.

Thanks,
    Dayna