Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris "net" edges coated in thick green algae

1. Back To Top    #1

Pflugerville, TX

Polaris "net" edges coated in thick green algae

This weekend we pulled my polaris out of the pool so the kids could swim and the net was covered in thick green algae along the seams on the net (the perimeter)

The rest of the pool seems OK, why isn't my chlorine killing off this algae?

I have a new net on order while I let this one thoroughly dry out and kill everything off. I may keep it for a backup after I bleach bomb it and let it bake in the sun.

I don't have #'s to provide right now but my chlorine generator is set at like 65 or 70% so it runs a good portion of the day. Salt level is OK as the generator isn't telling me low salt (2700ppm last I checked)
    13,000 gallons w/ spa (in-ground) | Plaster pool surface
    2.5HP Jandy Stealth Pump | CL580 Filter | Polaris 480 Pro w/ Halcyon Pump | 400,000 BTU Jandy LT | Jandy Aquapure 3PPM | Jandy PS4

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Polaris "net" edges coated in thick green algae

You may just need to bring your water to SLAm level for a day and do an OCLT, see if anything is growing, if not taking to SLAM will kill anything that is there
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Polaris "net" edges coated in thick green algae

why isn't my chlorine killing off this algae?
    That's an easy one. There wasn't enough chlorine present to do the job.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School