New pool

Hi, thank you! So glad I found this site. Sorry I read my post again didn't make much sense. Trying to do too much at once. I read the guide yesterday but still slightly confused. This is what I got from the test this morning. Total hardness 250. Total chlorine 5. Free chlorine 0. PH 7.2 and total alkalinity 40. Stabilizer 0. Anyway filled it 4 days ago, kids in it once. Just put pump on it today. Haven't added any chemicals. Getting alot of differing advice. Clorox thing said to ad PH Up product and Shock for small pools.

No problem. It can be confusing at first. But stick to that seasonal pool guide link I gave you above. The basic adjustments include:
Step 3
For this step you will need Cyanuric Acid (CYA) to help protect the chlorine from the sun. This too can be found commonly at the local MegaMart sold in 3lb or 4lb containers. Using the PoolMath calculator add enough CYA to raise your level to 40PPM. With this being a “fresh fill” your CYA level will be zero to start with, so there is no need to test at this point.

Step 4
Test your pH level, and using the PoolMath calculator adjust the level to be between 7.2-7.8.
Step 5
Next test your Chlorine level, and adjust to 4ppm. Using unscented household bleach daily raise your FC level to sanitize your pool.
Step 6
Daily you should test and adjust your pH and Chlorine level to make sure the levels stay at a good rate for pool care. To do this test using your OTO kit and PoolMath calculator. Make sure your Chlorine level always stays above 3ppm at all times. Failing to keep the pool properly sanitized will quickly result in green water. Pumps and filters in these pools are often undersized and make it very difficult to clear once the water starts to turn cloudy. By keeping your chlorine levels above 3 at all times will help kill off any organics in the water.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.