Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why does my Dolphin float?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why does my Dolphin float?

When I leave my M400 in the pool it is on the bottom and when I come out the next morning it's floating. I get in and turn it several ways, sideways and upside down, til no more bubbles come out and it sinks to the bottom. Next day it's floating again. Anyone had the same experience and has discovered where the air is coming from? This doesn't present any problem, if I turn it on while it's floating it sinks and goes right to work.
    PS: Love my Dolphin
    24000gal IG, VL, 1.5 HP, Pentair 60/60D Sand 325#, BBB, Stenner45MHP2 (Replaced Liquidator), Dolphin M400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why does my Dolphin float?

It is probably climbing out of the pool and captures air. There should be an adjustment to prevent it from climbing out of the pool.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

It is turned off, not plugged in to anything. The power supply is in my shed.
    24000gal IG, VL, 1.5 HP, Pentair 60/60D Sand 325#, BBB, Stenner45MHP2 (Replaced Liquidator), Dolphin M400

4. Back To Top    #4

You have to purge the air. On my older one, you would have to put it in the water upside down and move it around so all the air would come out.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Done that. See first post.

6. Back To Top    #6

Oops, need to read more
    Well the air ain't reappearing

Do you have floats on the handle you can remove?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!