Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weak Spa Jet Pressure - Cleaning Jets

1. Back To Top    #1

Voorhees, NJ

Weak Spa Jet Pressure - Cleaning Jets

I am having a problem with my spa jets. The pressure is weak, and I think that they probably need to be cleaned. I did scrub the cartridges in my filter, but that didn't fix the issue. I also noticed that the spa jet valve has very little resistance. It's hard to explain, but I don't feel pressure when I turn the valve. I usually have to apply a bit of force. It seems like the valve is turning freely. I will need a socket extension to reach the jets. Is a 24" long enough? Does anyone know if it's a 9/16" bolt? Is there anything else I should try? I haven't observed any other problems, so I can't think of anything else.
    Inground Pool - 35,000 gallons - SWG (Nature2 - FUSIONSOFT1400) - Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Weak Spa Jet Pressure - Cleaning Jets

Usually the spa jets are 9/16" but I can't say for sure if they are all that way. The length depends on how far back they are set but usually not much more than 12".

As for the valve, you can take apart most 3-way valves in order to inspect them for damage.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner