Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFTestkits has a big "Oops" to report

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

TFTestkits has a big "Oops" to report

Hi, Folks, We typically don't use the forum for customer service but we need to get this info out.

Over the last week or so we have received complaints about the drops in the TF-100 reagents not forming the right size drops. Today, we put together enough info to figure what happened.

There are two tips that look almost identical....a control tip (which produces drops) and a fluid tip which is not designed to produce drops but simply dispense fluid.

Our plastics supplier apparently co-mingled some of these two tips into a single box and shipped it to us.
    We unknowingly have installed some tips that were incorrect.

Neither us nor our supplier has any way of knowing how many are in there so we hope you'll help us.

Here is a picture of the inside of both tips and here's what to do.FullSizeRender.jpg

1. Simply bend over the tip until it "pops" off (pretty easy to do)

2. Look at the inside of the dropper tip. If it has the little vanes and center bar, like you see on the right, it is the correct tip. Simply snap it back on and your done.

3. However, if it looks like the one on the left, it will need to be replaced. Snap it back on and count it.

4. As you have time, please look at all the tips in your kit and take note of the bad ones.

5. Now, please send your name and shipping address to TFTestkits@ gmail.com. Say, "Please send me (XX) tips". We'll get them right out.

6. If you are replacing reagents, you have a quick fix....simply snap off the tip from the new reagent and if it's the one that doesn't belong, replace it with the tip off your old bottle and you're done.

That's it. We'll turn them around quickly and get them right out to you. We'll put some rubber gloves in the envelope so you won't get messy.

We are really sorry this mistake happened. These folks have been our very good suppliers for 7 years so we are not throwing them under the bus......it's a mistake any of us could have made.

As always, TFTestkits is appreciative of the business you give us. Quality Control is not to be taken lightly and we have already made the steps to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please give me a call if you need further help with this. (863) 314 6987
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFTestkits has a big "Oops" to report

Are all orders placed as of today being sent with the correct tops? Or is it possible today's order might be shipped with wrong ones?
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Thanks so much for standing behind your product! Email sent.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

We overlooked saying that the Taylor bottles with the Taylor label on them are not included in this. R-0003, R-0014, and R-0600 are the three in the TF-100

Also excluded from this issue are the two small bottles in the kit, R-0011L and R-0010
    Dave S.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Or is it possible today's order might be shipped with wrong ones?
    No. The correct tips are being FedExed in tonight and all shipments starting tomorrow afternoon will be correct.
    Dave S.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Dave. It's funny I place my first ever order from TFT and two hours later you post this. LOL That's why I asked. Appreciate you keeping us aware.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

It's funny I place my first ever order from TFT and two hours later you post this.
    It was not personal, I can assure you.
    Dave S.

8. Back To Top    #8

Dave,

Do you have an understanding of when the problem first started? Suspect kits were ordered between XX date and YY date?
    16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I was wondering why the drops came out so quickly, hardly took any pressure at all to get one to come out...lol luckily i had a dropper available that i just dipped into and got the 8701 out of the bottle.
    10k gal, AG Vinyl, 1.5hp maxi pump, hayward cartridge 70sqft filter, Filled with well water. FL climate, pool in direct sunlight just about all day.

10. Back To Top    #10

Here I thought I was bad when I was doing my test. I wish we all, including you, knew this earlier. I wasted so many drops having to redo my tests. At least we can all change them out

ill ll follow my instructions shortly to get new ones.

thank you for standing by such a great product.
    16x32 52" AG oval Century pool (14400 gallons we think). Vinyl liner. Hayward Pro Series sand filter S166T model. Hayward Power-Flo Marrix SP151021XEHC 1HP pump. Had the pool since 5/27/16. TFT-100 test kit. Water delivery initially, but use well water to top off when needed.

11. Back To Top    #11

Is it possible to email (or send postcards) to those who purchased within the last ___days/weeks with this information? Since many purchasers of "kits" might be newbies, they may not see this thread.

12. Back To Top    #12

Mistakes happen. It's how you handle them is what counts. We know that you will do what it takes to fix us up! Thanks for the heads up. Will check mine out soon.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

I am working on contacting everyone that may have gotten a "bad tip". All orders now should have the correct tip, and if they do not, contact me at tftestkits@gmail.com. I really appreciate everyone being understanding. Mistakes happen, we learn from them. I am sorry for this mistake and will do my best to correct it. Rebecca @ TFTestkits

14. Back To Top    #14

Rebecca, as a previous business owner, I understand the ordeals that happen when you're at the mercy of other suppliers. I totally understand. I am more than pleased as a customer that you're replacing them. thank you so much!
    16x32 52" AG oval Century pool (14400 gallons we think). Vinyl liner. Hayward Pro Series sand filter S166T model. Hayward Power-Flo Marrix SP151021XEHC 1HP pump. Had the pool since 5/27/16. TFT-100 test kit. Water delivery initially, but use well water to top off when needed.

15. Back To Top    #15

First Class Customer Service Dave.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

16. Back To Top    #16

Tip off my old bottle came right off and went right onto the new bottle no problem. There was no splash & it only took a few seconds to swap.

I am officially back in business

Just like hauntedmansion ~ in my business world I have had to deal with this before from trusted suppliers and then correct the problem with my customers. I think most understand the fact sometimes things like this happen ~ and a moment of pause realizing in instances like this we are fortunate that human error does happen, it means a human was employed and not replaced by machinery.

No sorry necessary, you have more than made up it for with top notch, quick & professional resolve, it's appreciated greatly, thank you!
    AGP: 27' x 52" : 17,500 gallon
    300 lb. Sand Filter (75 gpm) / 1.5 hp pump
    Full Sun ~ All Day

17. Back To Top    #17

my kit was purchased in april; all tips ok.
    30000 gal inground vinyl liner;sand filter w/glass media, nuvo uv, TF-100 test kit; 25 years on Baquacil, converted to TFP chlorine in 2016

18. Back To Top    #18

Why is the Taylor r003 and the r0011L not included? Is it because it doesn't matter if they have the wrong tip for that one?

Interestingly, I have the Taylor r0015 which I didn't purchase from you (because you didn't sell it) and it has the wrong tip. I assume that is a problem?
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

All bottles from Taylor Technologies are fine. They will have Taylor Technologies' label.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by grottoguy View Post
    Why is the Taylor r003 and the r0011L not included? Is it because it doesn't matter if they have the wrong too checked that one?

Interestingly, I have the Taylor r0015 which I didn't purchase from you (because you didn't sell it) and it has the wrong tip. I assume that is a problem?,
    That is interesting. According to Taylor that should be a dropper bottle. Looks like they have the same issue.
    http://www.taylortechnologies.com/pr...hString=r-0015

Edit: It is believed that the bottles with Taylor labels are correct. Please disregard.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast