Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl Liner Tear Repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl Liner Tear Repair

Hi All, been around in the spa forums, my first venture into AGPs. I scored this 18' x 48" Intex on Craigslist for $100 knowing about this tear, although it's larger than originally described.

A new liner can be had for $250 shipped but out of stock until the end of July. I'm curious what you'd put the chances at of me being able to repair a tear of this size. It's probably 14"-18" long and about 4" above where the bottom and side seam is.

I purchased this repair kit as it contained the adhesive recommended on here. : Boxer - 4 oz Vinyl Swimming Pool Liner Repair Kit : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

Am I wasting my time with this pool? Should I just go buy a new one?

Thanks in advance,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Vinyl Liner Tear Repair

It would take a miracle to patch that, I am not saying you can't but 99% chance it will not work... That liner is holding back about 60 thousand pounds..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

St. Clairsville Ohio

That's a pretty massive tear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the opinions.. bought a new 18x48 Coleman tonight. Will sell the parts from the Intex to make a few bucks back.