Experiences of the Scuba II

joecoyle

Bronze Supporter
Hi

I've just received my Scuba II. So far I've tested Free and Total chlorine / pH with it and the results tally with my AquaChek strips I've been using for the last few years (not the same bottle!!! ;))

My pool is a 6000 gallon, 26,500 Litre above ground permanent vinyl pool.

Cl - 1.8
pH - 7.0

Now I came to testing TA with it and got an odd result. I followed the instructions and got a reading of 0 (I checked twice, using 2 different sections of pool water - both were 0). My AquaChek strips said 40 (which seem more plausible). 40 seems low to me too, for those Cl / pH levels?

Does anyone know if the Scuba II can measure as low as that? What are peoples experiences of the Scuba II?

Thanks
Joe

Hello Joe! I see no one with Scuba II experience has replied, so I'm going to give this post a :bump: to see if it will get some more visibility. Unfortunately the Scuba II is not commonly used by our members. But hopefully this bump will catch someone's attention. Good luck!

They don't ship it to Malaysia as well. I bought the scuba II as well. The reading I received : >

Cl: 1.6
CIT: 0
PH: 7.4
TA: 0 (after a couple times, shows LOW)
CYA: 10

I guess I am doing it wrongly. Is there a FAQ / Youtube/ tutorial on using this device?

Please assist.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.