Finally Plumbed

unkyjoe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2013
Seguin TX
plumb1.jpg

Hard Plumb of the skimmer to the pump with shutoff valve and union coupling in the event I need to disconnect the pump.
plumb2.jpg

New Intex control valve and return, elected to keep the Intex hoses on this side.

plumb3.jpg

Custom connector, end of Intex hose removed, then a pvc-elect adapter to connect to Intex Pump.

plumb4.jpg

Homeade reducer from Summer Escapes skimmer after removing cheap aquarium pump and replacing with adapter from Amazon, to 1.5 inch PVC.

The flow difference is incredible, the old Intex valves and hoses I was using on the skimmer were obstructing the flow, with the new return the water will shoot halfway across the surface of the pool. I should see much better filtering than I had last year.

plumb5.jpg

Nice job - isn't hard plumbed so much better?
One thing you might want eventually is a 2nd outlet. So if the skimmer gets clogged or the water is too low for it, the 2nd outlet allows the pump to continue to run without drawing air.

that looks like exactly what i did with mine this weekend. the only difference was i did not use the skimmer adapter. i just cut the bottom out of the skimmer. yours probably working better than mine. i have a slight leak in the bottom of the skimmer. i have a drop of water every 3-5 seconds. wished i would have just used the skimmer adapter.

Great job.... all you need to do now is get rid of those intex hoses and intex shut off valve,,,, both have serious flow restrictions..... you wont be sorry,,,, when i did mine i stood there in amazement at the difference for ages until my wife snapped me out of it and told me to get back to my chores,,,,lol...... happy plumbing. ..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.